Things you should expect
- If you sign up for Bits about Money, your email address and name will be kept by Kalzumeus Software, LLC and Ghost.org (our hosting provider).
- We'll exercise commercially reasonable levels of care about this information. I'm a technologist and have been a HIPAA compliance officer before; you can expect me to have reasonable and bounded efforts here, in the context of "this is a newsletter and your name is something you're telling me in confidence but is not patient health information."
- We will send you email, because you asked for it. We intend to send it approximately weekly.
- If you ever don't want to receive the emails, email patrick@ this domain (or click on the link inside the email) and we'll take care of that.
- If you pay for a Bits about Money membership, your payment-related details will be kept by Stripe, Inc. (our payments provider) or potentially one of its global subsidiaries depending on your location. We have a high level of confidence in Stripe's security posture. Among other things, we will not ourselves be able to access your full e.g. card number.
Things you should not expect
- We will not sell/rent/share/disclose/etc your email address with other organizations, including other organizations Patrick may be affiliated with, unless you ask us to or we are required to by law, administrative guidance, or exigent circumstances. You may find it useful to know that Kalzumeus Software, LLC is a Nevada-organized company whose primary place of business is Tokyo, Japan.